On a cold winters day, relaxing in a nice warm/hot bubble bath sounds like the perfect way to commemorate National Bubble Bath Day, which is celebrated annually on January 8th.
Bubble baths aren’t just relaxing and fun, they offer health benefits too.
- Relieve congestion – During the dry winter months, we are more susceptible to colds and chest infections. Let the steam from a bubble bath help loosen congestion and soothe a cough.
- Ease sore muscles – Are muscles aching from new year’s workouts? Ease the ache with a warm bubble bath. Add some Epsom salts, too.
- Sleep better – Add some lavender oil to your bubble bath at night and relax your body and mind before bed. Relaxed muscles combined with the lavender will nudge your body toward a better sleep routine.
- Reduce tension – Let the worries of the day wash away.
The bubbles on top of the water (also known as foam bath or foaming bath) insulate the bathwater, keeping it warmer for a more extended period.
- Children find bubble baths fun and enjoy playing with the bubbles, which entice them to take their baths.
- Some bubble bath, bath foam, or foaming bath serves a dual purpose and can also be used to wash skin or hair.
- Bath foam preparations may be in the form of a liquid, gel, or as solids in the form of powders, grains, or tablets.
According to the AC Nielsen Data, Mr. Bubble is the #1 brand of bath products in the United States, and in 2011 it celebrated its 50th birthday. Mr. Bubble is a brand of bath products made by The Village Company.
The brand’s slogan is “Makes Getting Clean Almost as Much Fun as Getting Dirty!”
In 1961, Mr. Harold Schafer and the Gold Seal Company of North Dakota, USA, founded Mr. Bubble. The Gold Seal company manufactured and distributed Mr. Bubble until 1986 when the company was sold. Over time, Mr. Bubble bubble bath products have been reformulated. They are tear-free, dermatologist-tested, hypoallergenic, and pediatrician tested. Mr. Bubble TV show appearances include:
- Family Guy
- The Simpsons
- 1983 Eddie Murphy Delirious
- 1987 Gold Through the Fire
- 1996 Ed (starring Matt LeBlanc)
- Everybody Loves Raymond (Season 3)